Welcome to the IDZ, the Institute of German Dentists: a joint research institution of the German Dental Association (BZÄK) and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Dentists (KZBV).
The IDZ emerged in 1987 from a fusion of the Research Institute for Dental Care and the Central Institute of German Dentists for Research and Practice and fulfills the task of conducting practice-relevant research and providing scientific advice for German dentists within the scope of the responsibilities of BZÄK and KZBV.
The IDZ is the only non-university research institute in Germany that deals exclusively with dental medical issues. The fields of work are divided into five main scientific research areas including
- Health Care Research and Epidemiology,
- Health Economics and Health Systems Research,
- Dental Profession Research,
- Medical Sociology and Health Psychology with an additional focus on Health Literacy,
- Evidence-based Medicine and Quality, divided into the two focal areas of Evidence-based Medicine and Quality, and
- the cross-sectional area of Medical Statistics.
On our website you will find detailed information on our research focus areas and flagship projects. As a special service, we offer you our scientific publications for free download with a comfortable search function.
With friendly recommendation,
Prof. Dr. A. Rainer Jordan