Dental Professionals Research
The dentist is the main focus of this field of research – the processes and structures associated with them in the dental practice are analyzed. Along with the position of the dental profession as part of the healthcare system, effects caused by other players and areas of the healthcare field that directly or indirectly impact the dental profession are observed.
Dental Professional Practice
The research goals of professionals research are partially aimed toward acquiring fundamental knowledge of the dental profession and partially toward examining and following current changes in the profession. Fundamental knowledge of the profession includes observing dental career paths and jobs as well as the organization of the professional practice.
Other questions arise in the field of Occupational Science, which deals with workplace strains among other things. For example, investigation of current processes include the analysis of challenges that arise for everyday practice as a result of current trends in politics and society.
Head of Department
Dr. Nele Kettler is responsible for the research focus of dental professionals research.
- 2008 License to practice dentistry
- 2008-2010 Scientific staff, Clinic for Dental Prosthetics and Biomaterials, RWTH Aachen University and University Clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf
- 2009-2012 Dental practice, Hamburg and Sandwich (UK)
- 2011 Thesis (Dr. med. dent.)
- since 2012 Research Assistant with research focus of Dental Profession Research, Institute of German Dentists
- 2016 Master of Science (MSc) Public Health