The department of medical statistics deals with planning and conducting research projects as well as with preparation and analysis of obtained data.
This cross-sectional field supports the research focuses of the IDZ with methodological expertise; including the application of new statistical analysis techniques which adequately take account of the complex structure of dental data.
High data quality is a necessary requirement for meaningful study results. To achieve this goal, data management plays an important role. Quality assurance processes while obtaining the data, followed by data validation and data preparation for statistical analysis are parts of this field.
Head of Statistics
Dr. Kathrin Kuhr is responsible for the research focus of medical statistics.
- 2008 Diploma (statistics)
- 2008-2009 Research Assistant, Institute for Medical Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, University Medical Centre Mainz
- 2010-2019 Research Assistant, Institute of Medical Statistics and Computational Biology, University of Cologne
- 2017 Thesis (Dr. rer. medic.)
- since 2019 Research Assistant with focus of medical statistics, Institute of German Dentists