Oral Healthcare Research and Epidemiology
The research emphasis of healthcare research and epidemiology deals with practice-based dental healthcare in Germany and regularly examines the national state of oral health.
Oral healthcare research
Healthcare research as part of the health system research describes, analyzes, and interprets national healthcare under everyday conditions as an interdisciplinary and inter-method research area. The object of care research is the so-called last mile of the healthcare system, which for us is dental care in practice.
Oral health epidemiology
In epidemiological research we take a look at the key points of national oral healthcare. Within this core competence, the regularly conducted German Oral Health Studies – DMS I/II (1989/1992), DMS III (1997), DMS IV (2005), and currently DMS V (2014) – have the greatest research priority and weight of the IDZ.
Head of Department
Prof. Dr. A. Rainer Jordan is the Scientific Director of the IDZ and is responsible for the research focus of oral healthcare research and epidemiology.
- 1997 License to practice dentistry
- 1998-2005 Dental practice, Berlin
- 2005 Thesis (Dr. med. dent.)
- 2005 Master of Science (MSc) Periodontology
- 2005-2010 Academic Staff, Department of Operative and Preventive Dentistry, Witten/Herdecke University, 2008 appointed assistant Professor
- 2010 Habilitation and Venia Legendi
- 2010-2013 Director of the Department for Preclinical Dentistry, Witten/Herdecke University
- since 2013 Scientific Director of the Institute of German Dentists
- 2017 Appointed associate Professor, Witten/Herdecke University